Few things seem less intuitive than the idea that shelters can house fewer cats at any one time while saving more cats over the course of a year — and yet, it’s true, as Million Cat Challenge shelters are demonstrating every day. This intriguing initiative, known as Capacity for Care, or C4C, gets a real-life overview in this webinar from Karen Green, executive director of the Cat Adoption Team (CAT).
In the webinar, Green covers:
- CAT’s journey through what was then called Adoption Driven Capacity
- Concerns in the beginning, both on the part of the organiztion as well as the public
- The results they saw from adopting the initiative
- The portal experience
- Programs they were able to add and expand because of the changes that followed
- Impact on staff and volunteers
- Effect on fundraising
- And more!